Wednesday 27 January 2010

WELCOME!

Hej and welcome to my blog!
My name is Sofie, as you can see. I have an antique shop in Stockholm; Gudrun Ödmann Antikhandel. My mother Gudrun opened the shop over twenty years ago and filled it with the very best 18th century baroque, rococo and gustavian furniture she could find. That is; if they were in original condition, unique and had enough charisma to knock you off your feet!
Three years ago I took over the running of the company and have continued in the same tradition but, being an artist I have added a dose of drama to our selection.
My mother now resides in the Gustavian part of Antiques Heaven where everything is in original paint and nothing is fake!
I write in English because we have so many foreign visitors on our website and all you Swedes are so good at English anyway.

I intend to write about my adventures in the world of antiques and also of contemporay art and design and about anything else that catches my fancy actually!

2 comments:

  1. Hej Sofia! Vad roligt att du hälsade på! Och nu ska jag berätta att jag faktiskt har handlat hos din mamma på Östermalm! På min "fireplace mantel" står ett par vackra italienska 1700-tals ljusstakar i trä från butiken! Och jag drömmer fortfarande om de stora vita "vellum" böckerna som jag aldrig köpte. Jag kommer förbi i sommar! Då kan vi fika! Kram Monika i Seattle

    http://www.splendidwillow.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hej Monika! Det är ju otroligt kul- min kära Mamma skulle med ett av sina favorituttryck sagt att det är ett tecken! (Hon använde det när hon ville ha bekräftelse på något hon kände sig tveksam till..) Jag tror jag kommer ihåg de ljusstakarna-jättevackra! Och vi har en del Vellum böcker fortfarande.Hör av dig när du kommer! Kram Sofie

    ReplyDelete